Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Too Much Tanning?

Just when I thought I'd heard and seen it all, I heard about a mom accused and then arrested for supposedly taking her young daughter into a tanning bed!!  This chick has been in the news more than a few times in the last couple of weeks. She has the nickname, the "Tanning Mom."  I heard a newscaster comment that they thought the woman had been burned in a fire.  If you haven't heard of her, Google "tanning mom" and you'll find her :)  I was thinking that the woman has a lot more problems than just tanning.  The Today Show interviewed her recently to get her side of the story.  The mom herself visited the tanning salon 20 times over the course of a month.  I would qualify that as excessive.  She keeps saying she didn't take her daughter into the salon and/or the tanning bed and the salon denies the charge too.  She claims her daughter got burned by being outside.  That's a possibility,  I guess.  I was thinking if the salon and/or the mom admitted the little girl was in a tanning bed, then the mom would go to jail for child endangerment and the salon would probably lose their license.  I wonder if this mom is thinking ahead to 10-15 years from now when she most likely will have some form of skin cancer.  I wish I could roll back the clock and have made better decisions when I used to tan during those hot Maryland summers.  I would actually use baby oil with absolutely no SPF anything because I wanted that deep, dark tan!!  I definitely use the sunblock now for myself and the rest of my family.  I hope the "tanning mom" realizes she might need some help and do what's best for her and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presume Competence

Since we have traveled outside of the United States since Dominic was very small, we have had to get him a Children's Passport every fiv...