Sunday, February 12, 2012

Reality Television

I was in my local dollar store a few weeks ago and ended up in the aisle with the books.  I started fishing around and found a book written by Kate Gosselin of the now defunct, "Jon and Kate Plus Eight"  fame.  The original price of the book was $14.99.  Did she fall so far that her book can now be bought for a buck???  My daughter and I watched  "Jon and Kate Plus Eight" all the time when it first came on television.  At first, we really liked that show. It was fascinating to me to watch how a family dealt with twins and a set of sextuplets.  As the show went on I stopped liking it.  Kate would treat her husband like he was one of the kids.  Jon and Kate's marriage kind of started unraveling before my eyes.  Marriage can have its challenging moments, but when you start putting all your private stuff out there for millions of people to watch, I think it made it really hard for them to work on the issues they were having. Reality shows are everywhere. The hubby likes "Jersey Shore."  For the life of me I can't really figure that one out.  I make him turn it off if I'm in the room. Many of the shows on the TLC Network remind me of a carnival sideshow. I admit it, I watched part of "My 600-lb. Life" the other night just to see what it was all about.  After about 10 minutes, I changed the channel, because it really wasn't entertaining, it was kind of sad.  I sometimes find it really hard to find a television show that doesn't have cuss words or talks about inappropriate topics every five minutes.  I have gone back to watching the old shows again like "I Love Lucy",  "The Waltons" and the "Brady Bunch."  I know it sounds kind of corny, but I like the wholesome shows of my youth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presume Competence

Since we have traveled outside of the United States since Dominic was very small, we have had to get him a Children's Passport every fiv...