Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Shopping for Clothes

It was so much easier to dress my teenage daughter when she was little.  She would wear whatever I gave her to wear!!
 

She has known from an early age that my approach to clothes shopping for her is to know exactly what we are looking for, it be on sale, and to get the heck out of the store as quickly as possible. This past weekend we went looking for bathing suits and denim shorts for her.  My lone request was that both the shorts and bathing suits have adequate body "coverage."  It was a simple request (or so I thought).  Wow, has anybody out there been shopping lately for a teenage girl? Let's just say, the styles have changed quite a bit since I was a teenager!!  I can remember when she needed to find a white shirt for an orchestra performance, back when she was in middle school.  I don't even know how many stores we went to, but it was virtually IMPOSSIBLE to find a white shirt that didn't have some form of writing on it.  I think we finally found one, but I was pretty stressed out by the end of that shopping trip!!  During this particular shopping trip, we managed to find several bathing suits and shorts for her to try on. She told me her only request was that the bathing suit be a two-piece.  After about two hours, I was completely exhausted.  We did find two bathing suits and one pair of shorts in that time, so it's a start!  Towards the end of the weekend, she told me  "mom, I don't want to hurt your feelings, but I would rather shop with my friends."  I silently breathed a sigh of relief, my feelings were not hurt in the slightest!   I trust that she will have a productive shopping trip with her friends, but she knows all clothes have to be "cleared" by me or else I might have to pick them out for her!!!   I know she doesn't want that to happen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presume Competence

Since we have traveled outside of the United States since Dominic was very small, we have had to get him a Children's Passport every fiv...