Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Different Kinds of "Lists"

I am a maker of "lists."  I make grocery lists, lists of books I want to get from the library, a list of ingredients for a favorite recipe (my lists go on and on).   I like that feeling of being able to check things off I've done.  I always seem to have at least one "to-do" list going at all times.  Two of the things that have been at the top of that list for a while were setting up a dentist appointment for my son and making an eye appointment for myself.  Both were long overdue.  We have attempted to take my son to our dentist that the rest of us use every six months since he started getting teeth.  They have never been able to get inside that mouth of his for longer than about 30 seconds.  The first "special needs"  dentist I tried a while back didn't work out too well.  I have an appointment for him coming up with another "special needs" dentist that two different friends of mine have recommended. I have great hopes that he will do better.  The second thing that's been on my list for three years has been getting an eye exam for myself.   I know, it's a long time to have something on a list.  I kept putting  it off and putting it off!!  I finally did it last week and I'm really glad I did.  The eye doctor told me I have borderline glaucoma! Luckily,  I don't need eye drops (yet).  After the long holiday break, my hubby and daughter both went back to work and school today, respectively.  My son went back to school yesterday.  The first thing I did after I had a couple cups of coffee under my belt was to work on my list for today.  I already filled up the piece of paper.  I'm beginning to wonder if maybe my "list" was just a little too ambitious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presume Competence

Since we have traveled outside of the United States since Dominic was very small, we have had to get him a Children's Passport every fiv...