Monday, August 26, 2013

Mastering Twitter

Back when I was a teenager, I had a major crush on the actor Parker Stevenson.  I had pictures of him all over my bedroom wall. I'm guessing that most of my pictures were clipped out of Tiger Beat!! Is that magazine even around anymore???  I can even remember writing a fan letter to Parker Stevenson and hoping so much that he would write me back or better yet show up at my house!  I think I must have watched that Brady Bunch episode too many times where Davy Jones of the Monkees showed up unannounced to see Marcia!!!


These days so many celebrities have Twitter.  Some have over a million followers.  When I first got Twitter a few years back, I didn't understand how it worked, so I de-activated my account.  I re-activated my account a few weeks ago and figured it was time to give it another try, given that several people close to me think it's the best thing since sliced bread.  Three words - I LOVE TWITTER!!!!!!!!!  I really feel like I have entered another world.   Being the "foodie" that I am, there are tons of food groups and personalities on there. Yesterday, I "tweeted" a celebrity food personality and within about 20 minutes she "tweeted" me back. She even "retweeted" my original "tweet." So cool, it really made my day.  Twitter makes a celebrity seem more attainable, but not in a strange or creepy way. I wonder if Parker Stevenson is on Twitter??  It doesn't really matter anymore,  my crush on him ended after he never wrote me back!!!  Now, if I could just figure out what a "hashtag" is and how to use it!?!?!?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presume Competence

Since we have traveled outside of the United States since Dominic was very small, we have had to get him a Children's Passport every fiv...