Saturday, February 22, 2014

Semi-Hibernation

Earlier this week, the temperature was warm enough that Dominic and I were outside for about an hour before we started getting cold - he didn't even need a hat.  Yes, Dominic, believe it or not, that is the pavement.  It's been so long since we've seen it, I think he forgot what it was!


Our weather has certainly been interesting this winter - we've had rain, freezing rain, sleet, tons of snow, sub-zero temperatures and high winds.  Since the winter began, I have seemed to require more sleep.  The hubby has asked me several times since December, "why are you sleeping so much?" He even told me this morning that my "snoring" kept him awake in the middle of the night. Good grief. Both Lauren and Dominic weren't real great sleepers until they were both about three.  I had to grab sleep when I could when Lauren was a baby:

 
Before they were born, I could sleep through anything. Now, even if they cough or sneeze, my mom "radar" goes up!  Last Saturday morning at 3 a.m. Dominic woke up, came into our bedroom and promptly got sick on the hubby's side of the bed.  I spent the rest of the morning sleeping on the couch in his room. We determined it most likely was a migraine. Thursday afternoon, I went up to just rest for a few minutes on my bed.  Before I knew it, it was past 3 p.m., which wouldn't have been such a big deal, except Dominic's bus comes about 4!! I have taken a nap probably three or four times since the winter began, something I NEVER do :)  A few weeks ago, Punxsutawny Phil saw his shadow and "predicted" six more weeks of winter. Wonderful.  I don't know about you, but I don't take advice from a groundhog. This morning, I woke up past 8 a.m. I am usually up a few hours before that, even on the weekends.  I'm really beginning to think I have been in a semi-hibernating mode lately. Did you know that black bears in the Northern United States and Canada can hibernate for up to eight months?? Wow, maybe those bears are on to something!!  How about you? have you required more sleep since the winter began??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presume Competence

Since we have traveled outside of the United States since Dominic was very small, we have had to get him a Children's Passport every fiv...