Saturday, April 26, 2014

Stay in Pajamas All Day


Earlier in the week, Dominic had a slight cough, but no other symptoms. I figured it might be allergies or our weather changing back and forth. I sent him to school yesterday, because he seemed to be doing okay and not coughing a lot. Well, later in the afternoon, Mr. P sent me an e-mail that said, "I think I might have some unfortunate news, it seems Dominic is coming down with something. In addition to his cough, he has lost his voice and for most of the afternoon he laid with his head down on the table. I let him take a break, because I could tell by his face he wasn't feeling too well. I hope he isn't sick all weekend." When Dominic got off the bus, he wasn't his usual bubbly self, so I knew it wasn't good. He ate all of his dinner and I kept him up until close to his usual bedtime.  About 4:30 a.m. this morning, I heard a voice saying, "hi Mommy!" and then footsteps going downstairs. I waited about 10 minutes to go down and investigate, hoping he would be asleep on the couch in the family room. Instead, he was wide awake.  I told him, "it's very early, you need to go back to sleep for a while." His response back was, "I don't like that!"  Well, too bad Dominic, mommy wanted more sleep! I followed him back upstairs and tucked him back in and then I went to bed.  Dominic slept this morning until about 8:30 or so, but has been coughing and sneezing and just kind of resting on the couch a lot today. He even told me, "I'm tired." He doesn't have the chills or a fever or any other symptoms.  


 
That is definitely not "typical" Dominic. He is usually chattering away and having tons of energy.  He has told me a few times, "stay in pajamas all day." It is a beautiful sunny day here today, a bit cool, but not cold. I've asked him a handful of times if he wanted to get out of his pajamas and he keeps telling me no.  I guess I will let him keep his pajamas on all day, though tonight, he will need to put on a fresh pair of pj's!  Feel better soon, my sweet Dominic :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presume Competence

Since we have traveled outside of the United States since Dominic was very small, we have had to get him a Children's Passport every fiv...