Friday, July 4, 2014

Family Pictures

Whenever my stepson comes to visit us, we always try and get some family pictures.  It usually becomes the picture that we put in our Christmas cards.  We put Lauren's camera on a tripod, set the timer and hope for the best! We have taken pictures inside.


We have taken pictures outside.


We have had to do it this way since Dominic was a baby because he will only sit still for 5-10 seconds and then he takes off running, screaming, crying or a combination of all three.  How many of you can remember back to when you had to take a roll of film out of a camera and then mail it away somewhere? I sure can! It seemed like it took FOREVER to get the pictures back. My mom was really good about taking pictures and putting them into albums. I love showing Lauren those old photo albums when we go back to visit my parents. It's like taking a trip down memory lane!  When we cleaned out my in-law's house in Cleveland, I made sure that I took every single picture I could find - they were everywhere!  It filled up about four large plastic containers. Unfortunately, many of the pictures didn't have names or dates on the backs. Since the hubby is an only child and both of his parents are now gone, we have no idea who a lot of the people are in the pictures.  I do however, know who every person in this family picture is.


My father-in-law is on the far right, next to his dad whose name was Dominic. Yep, that's who our Dominic is named after! Here is a picture of my dad's parents when they were married. I was lucky to have them both around for a long time!



I love when I go to visit my "Auntie." She has an entire wall in her kitchen covered with pictures. It is so awesome! I knew the last time we visited her a few months ago, I had to get a picture of Dominic sitting on her lap. The way he has been growing lately, I don't know how much longer he'll be able to fit!!


I have gone from not even knowing how to use a digital camera, to always having it on the kitchen counter or my desk! Life in this family is never dull and I always like to be ready for that next photo opportunity, like the other day when Dominic told me he had "cleaned" up his stuffed animals!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presume Competence

Since we have traveled outside of the United States since Dominic was very small, we have had to get him a Children's Passport every fiv...