Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I Accept The Nomination!

When I first started writing this blog over three years ago, I would have been overjoyed if just one or two people read it. Wow, I am totally blown away that at last count, I had over 28,000 page views!  I continue to be grateful for every single person that takes a few minutes to read my blog posts.  A close friend of mine, Julie, recently nominated me for the "One Lovely Blog Award."


This blog award is for "those newer or up-and-coming" bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and to help the new blogger reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be "lovely" by the fellow blogger who chose them. This award acknowledges bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner with the viewers and followers.

To "accept" the award, I have to do the following:


Thank and link back to the person who nominated you for the award.
List the rules and display the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog.
Share seven facts/or things about yourself.
Nominate around 15 other bloggers and let them know about the award.
Follow the blogger who nominated you (if not already)!

I accept the nomination and want to thank Julie from the bottom of my heart for nominating me! Here is a link to her amazing blog: http://aschelteredlife.com/ .  Please take a few moments to read her posts - you'll be glad you did!

Okay, now on to seven things you may or may not know about me:

1. My nickname when I played soccer was "Tuffy."
2. I used to read Tiger Beat magazine from cover to cover.
3. I went to college for one semester in Kentucky.
4. I love deep fried chicken gizzards. 
5. The most famous person I ever saw in person was Spiro Agnew.
6. One of my past jobs was taking tickets for the Washington Diplomats, a now defunct soccer team.
7. I still love to watch the Brady Bunch and the Waltons.

I would like to nominate the following bloggers:



I have had people tell me that I write the way I talk. Yep, I love to say "good grief" in person too!! LOL. I try to keep my blog positive, because I know that I don't like to read blogs that are full of negativity! I love the saying, "carpe diem" which means, "seize the day." That's kind of the way I live my life. I try to live each day to the fullest and while it is good to think about about the future, if you worry about it too much, then you miss out on the present. Have an awesome and amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presume Competence

Since we have traveled outside of the United States since Dominic was very small, we have had to get him a Children's Passport every fiv...