Friday, September 27, 2013

Paper Coupons, A Thing of the Past???

My hubby recently told me about a story he saw on his favorite morning news show.  It was about how paper coupons will become a thing of the past.  Excuse me??  I definitely 100% disagree with that!!  First of all, not everyone in this world wants to do digital coupons! I'm what you would call, ahem, STUBBORN, and I have unwillingly had to start doing some digital coupons, just because sometimes the deals are so good. Especially like these three items I got today at Kroger (they were Friday only downloads)! If I had to pay full price it would have cost me $8.08.  I have never bought these three items before, but since they were free, I'm giving them a "test" run!
 

Second of all, take a look at the coupons below that I got recently in the mail.  The first two coupons I got because I found a small peanut shell in a jar of peanut butter and I called the company to tell them about it.  Just taking a few minutes on the phone with the company yielded me $8.00 worth of coupons.  The third coupon was because I bought a six-pack of applesauce that had already expired and I didn't notice it until I got home that day from the grocery store.
 

I have to acknowledge my Aunt "M." She was the one that told me a long time ago to take a few moments to call a company or business to let them know about a product or service - good or bad!  Third, I have saved tons of cash by using paper coupons not only at the grocery store, but also at restaurants, department stores and other stores where I shop!  I went out to lunch with one of my good friends recently and it was a buy one, get one type of deal.  It was her turn to treat me and she had no hesitation in using my coupon!!  Fourth, not everyone is a fan of Facebook, but there are many free websites out there that will do the work of finding great coupons or free things for you. That's how I found out about the booklet below.  I don't know about you, but I definitely like "finding" $13.00!  I got this sent to me FREE!


How can you not want to use coupons to save money???  Finally, if you don't get a regular subscription to a newspaper, then buy it only on Sunday.  It's definitely well worth the investment!  I'm not what you would call an "extreme" couponer, but I probably spend about one hour a week, clipping and sorting the paper coupons we get in our Sunday paper.  One hour a week is a small price to pay to reap many financial benefits, wouldn't you say???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presume Competence

Since we have traveled outside of the United States since Dominic was very small, we have had to get him a Children's Passport every fiv...