Thursday, February 23, 2012

Treasure Your Friends

I consider my friends to be special "gems."  I treasure each and every one of them.  To have friends you have to be a friend.  Simple, but true!! Some of my friends I have had for a long time, others a relatively short time. According to dictionary.com a friend is "a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard."  With me, what you see is what you get.  I am 100% trustworthy and very loyal.  I don't try to be someone that I'm not.  That is definitely a really good way to lose a friend.  That or go around spreading that person's business all over the place.  I have told other moms stuff that I thought was in confidence, only to find out it had been spread around.  I consider my friendships like my marriage, it's built on trust.  I have friends that have seen me at my absolute worst. I have friends that have passed on, but I still keep them in my thoughts and prayers.  Unfortunately, I have had more than one friend that turned out not to be who I thought they were and we have chosen to part ways. You have to keep friends around you that will support you no matter what and pump you up, not tear you or your family down.  Childhood  friends that I thought I would never hear from again, I've reconnected with on Facebook. I get a kick out of "chatting" with them.  It's like no time has gone by at all.   My philosophy is to be good to your friends and they will be good to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presume Competence

Since we have traveled outside of the United States since Dominic was very small, we have had to get him a Children's Passport every fiv...