Saturday, March 17, 2012

Comfortable in Your Own "Skin"

I bet if you asked any of your friends if they are 100% happy with how their bodies look,  I would venture to say they would find at least one thing they don't like.  I think as women, we put too much pressure on ourselves to have the "perfect" body.  That is why I like the singer Adele so much!  She totally embraces her "curvy" figure.  I was reading an article in a recent issue of People magazine and she said, "I've never wanted to look like models on the covers of magazines. I represent the majority of women, and I'm very proud of that. Even when I was signing (for a musical career), most of the industry knew if anyone dared say (lose weight) to me, they wouldn't be working with me." Some women are blessed with the ideal body, but by and large most of us fit somewhere throughout the spectrum.  Before I got pregnant with my son, I had lost about 40-50 pounds.  I was super obsessed with food and exercise (to the point of getting stress fractures in my feet) and it wasn't very healthy (either physically or mentally).  I watched a close friend struggle with an eating disorder.  Every woman is different and we come in all different shapes and sizes.  I have had my "curvy" body since I was 12. I have come to embrace it and realize I will never have the "perfect" body.  I try to eat healthy and get some form of exercise every day.  I think when you are comfortable with yourself it radiates confidence from the inside out. If I ever got the chance to meet Adele,  I would tell her, "you go girl!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presume Competence

Since we have traveled outside of the United States since Dominic was very small, we have had to get him a Children's Passport every fiv...