Sunday, March 4, 2012

Finding Comfort

Nobody makes it through their lives without losing at least one person they were close to.  Throughout my own lifetime I have lost many.  2011 was an especially hard year starting in January with the passing of my mother-in-law and then in March with the passing of my first cousin.  It seemed like just about every month, either I knew someone personally that had passed or knew of someone that had passed.  Back in July of 2011, when I started this blog, I wanted a way to get some of my feelings out about what I was going through.  I would have been happy if one person read my blog and got some kind of comfort from the words that I had wrote.  When I was a teen, I did have one of those diaries with the little lock on it.  For a little while I wrote in it, but it felt more like a chore, something I had to do.  My blog on the other hand, is something I look forward to doing.  I have found an enormous amount of comfort in writing down what I have on my mind.  My father-in-law was one of the kindest, sweetest men that ever walked this earth.  When he would visit us or we would visit him, he and I would sit around the kitchen table and chat.  If I got him going on a topic, I would tease him that he was on his "soapbox."  Next month will be seven years that he has been gone. He would have gotten a kick out of me doing my blog, because I can kind of get up on my "soapbox" and talk about the things that are important to me.  In a few days,  it will be my six-month anniversary of my association with the parenting website, MomsEveryday.com.  I love to read what other moms (and dads) have written about their experiences with their children.  My fellow bloggers and I all share the same thing, we write from the heart and write from our experiences.  How do you find comfort when you're going through a tough time? Remember if you're feeling a certain way there is at least one other person out there that feels the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presume Competence

Since we have traveled outside of the United States since Dominic was very small, we have had to get him a Children's Passport every fiv...