Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My "Baby" Brother

I am incredibly blessed to have two siblings, my brother who is  2 1/2 years younger than me and my sister who is about 7 years younger than me. I'm the big, bossy, older sister!! My brother's nickname for me FOREVER has been Lucy Van Pelt (yes, like the Peanuts character).   That's okay, I call him Linus!!  I have a great relationship with both of my siblings. My "baby" brother came to visit us back in December.  Since we live ten hours away from each other we don't get to see his family as much as I would like.  My brother got married before I did and had children before I did.  He married his high school "sweetheart."  He has two amazing daughters and I have become really close to them in the past year.  My brother already has a daughter in college.  When he came to visit us,  I picked his brain about all of the preparations for college that he went through with his older daughter.  He gave me a boatload of advice and I have tucked it away for future reference for my daughter.  Growing up my brother and I were pretty tight.   As we've gotten older, we have found the best way to stay in touch is by e-mail.  It was so cool to have my brother visit. We went to a local museum, ate some delicious homemade ice cream and my brother and my son made some chocolate biscotti.

 
Although the trip was only for a weekend, we spent some really good quality time together.  My kids and my brother got to know each other better.   The picture below just cracks me up.  The look on my brother's face when my son was horsing around with his nose was priceless!

I'm lucky that I get along so well with my siblings. I will always support them and love them, no matter what! There is just one important thing they have to remember,  I will ALWAYS be older than them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presume Competence

Since we have traveled outside of the United States since Dominic was very small, we have had to get him a Children's Passport every fiv...