Monday, September 24, 2012

That "Go-To" Dress

It's been awhile since I've been to a wedding.  In October, we are going to two weddings within a week of each other!!  Both are relatively formal, so my usual mom "uniform" of shorts/capris/jeans and t-shirts/sweatshirts with tennis shoes probably won't cut it :)  About a week or so ago, I went looking for a dress. After trying a bunch of dresses on, I came home kind of bummed and deflated.  I was beginning to think I might have to wear my shorts!!  After a quick look in my closet, it hit me that I already had a dress that would be suitable for both weddings.  I have had this particular dress since before Lauren was born.


I guess you can say I have definitely gotten my money's worth out of this dress. I'm pretty sure I paid less than $100.00 for it originally. This dress must have some magical powers, because I have worn it when I was thinner than I am now and when I was heavier than I am now.  I think I even wore it when I was pregnant with one or both of my kids. I was pointing the dress out to the hubby a few days ago and telling him it was my "go-to" dress.  He was like, "what does that mean??"  I had to explain it to him that it's a dress that never goes out of style, it ALWAYS fits and I can wear it for just about any formal event. Men have it easier I think than women. My husband has a job where he has to wear a suit or tie at least a few times a week.  The other days of the week he has to wear a button down shirt and slacks. His hardest decision with what to wear to the weddings will be which tie should he wear :)  With women, you have to worry about the pantyhose, shoes, purse, etc.  Now that I have the dress figured out, I need to go dig around under my bed, find my high heeled shoes and brush the inch of dust off of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presume Competence

Since we have traveled outside of the United States since Dominic was very small, we have had to get him a Children's Passport every fiv...