Friday, September 21, 2012

TV Dinners

After doing a quick look on the internet, I found that TV dinners have been on the food scene for over 50 years.  My mom cooked probably 95% of the time when I was growing up.  The only time I remember eating a TV dinner was when my dad was out of town for business. It was considered to be really special and something we didn't eat often.  The dinners at that time came in an aluminum tray with a piece of foil over it.  There were no microwaves in the early 1960's through the 1970's when I was little, so an oven was required.  Wow, have frozen meals come a long way since that time!  I do my big grocery shopping once a week and I don't know how it works out this way, but I always seem to be checking out around lunchtime :) By the time I unload the groceries, I'm usually pretty hungry for lunch!  I love to cook, but lately I've been buying a frozen meal while I'm at the grocery store and while I'm unloading all the groceries I toss it into the microwave.  By the time I'm done unloading the groceries, my lunch is usually done.  The price of one frozen meal even without a coupon is usually still cheaper than going through the drive through somewhere. I caught a sale last week and had a coupon, so I bought a few stuffed pepper frozen meals. Nobody in this house would eat that but me.  This week at the store, I bought sweet and sour chicken.  What is your favorite TV dinner??  How many of you out there remember the TV dinners with the aluminum trays??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presume Competence

Since we have traveled outside of the United States since Dominic was very small, we have had to get him a Children's Passport every fiv...