Skip to main content

Cobbler, Slump or Pandowdy??


For about the past week, I've had an idea for a dessert that involves fruit and biscuits.  The hardest part has been deciding what to call it!! After looking through a bunch of cookbooks and researching online, I have it narrowed down to these - cobbler, slump or pandowdy.  To make it even harder, the hubby was telling me last night he was planning on eating this for breakfast. If he does that, would it still be considered a dessert? or would it be a breakfast cobbler, slump or pandowdy? What do you think this should be called? My husband was saying it doesn't matter what I call it, it just matters what it tastes like!! He had two helpings this morning for breakfast, so I guess that means he liked it :)


Ingredients:

21-ounce can peach pie filling
8 pack refrigerated biscuits (any brand)
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 9-inch pie pan with non-stick spray.  Pour filling into pan and spread evenly so the bottom is covered.  In one bowl, melt the butter in microwave.  In another bowl, put the sugar and cinnamon and combine well.  Cut each biscuit in half and flatten slightly.  Dip each half into the butter first and then the cinnamon/sugar mixture.  Place biscuits on top of the filling and press down gently. If you have any cinnamon and sugar mixture left over, sprinkle the remaining all over the top.  Bake for 25 minutes. Serve with whipped topping or ice cream if desired. When cool, cover with foil or plastic wrap and store in fridge.  To reheat for breakfast or a snack, pop into the microwave for about 45 seconds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Book Every Autism Mom Should Read

When Dominic was diagnosed with Autism at 2 1/2, I went to our local library and took out every book I could find about Autism. Sometimes I would bring back 20 books. This was 2006, so a lot of the information was very "dated." I guess I was looking for a book that would tell me what I should do next, like a "manual." Autism doesn't quite work that way! The saying is, " if you know one person with Autism, you know one person with Autism." Every mom to an individual with Autism follows their own "path." I think as moms, we judge ourselves much harder than anyone else does. I was 41 when I had Dominic. Did he get the diagnosis of Autism because I was an older mom? because I drank a lot of pop? I could sit and think about that every minute of every day. I am pretty integrated into the Autism community around Lansing and have told more than one person that it took me about two weeks to come to terms with Dominic's diagnosis. It is so incredib...

Mainstreaming and Inclusion

The hubby and I were discussing the other day how special education students were treated back when he and I were in school.  He remarked to me that in his time, they were "hidden away" from the rest of the students.  When I was in elementary school, I can remember seeing the kids in those classrooms pass by us in the hallway.  I don't ever recall seeing them in the lunchroom or playground.  I'm so glad that times have changed.  Even though Dominic is in a "self-contained" special education classroom, he does get to go to the art, gym and music classrooms.  He also gets to eat lunch in the school cafeteria.  He loves hot lunch on Thursday - pizza!! Given Dominic's abilities, he is able to be "mainstreamed" into the general education classroom for small amounts of time.  Every moment he is able to do that gives me so much hope for his future.  I absolutely love what Dominic's current teacher is doing.  He has started a peer-to-peer progra...

Need to Call Bella's Mom

Dominic at least a few times a week will tell me, "need to call Bella's mom!" Who is Bella you may ask? Here is the answer to that question: I first met Bella shortly after Dominic's first grand mal seizure. She and her mom approached me at the Meijer grocery store back in June of last year as I was grabbing a milk jug out of the dairy case. Dominic and Bella go to the same middle school.  I have never forgotten what Bella's mom told me that day, "I would love to get our children together and be in Dominic's life however much you will let us." Bella's mom has the most generous heart and has passed on those values to her three children.  Bella and Dominic made sugar cookies last summer: When Dominic had a choir concert at school and neither Lauren or my husband could attend, Bella and her mom surprised us after the concert! The number one thing I admire about Bella is how incredibly compassionate she is. There is a respect a...