Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Memories of My Grandparents

As much as I love digital cameras and being able to see a picture instantly, I still like to have pictures that I can hold in my hands and look at.  I guess with Lauren just recently turning 17, I was getting a little nostalgic and started looking through old photos.  While sorting through a bunch I found this picture:



The little girl sitting on the older man's lap is me when I was about a year and a half old.  The older man is my grandfather.  He passed away when I was about 5 1/2 years old.  I'm pretty sure that is one of my cousins sitting in the chair :)  One of the very few memories I have of my grandfather (my mom's dad) was riding in the front seat between him and my grandma in a car that had a green interior (a Buick maybe)?  I was so incredibly blessed to have had my grandmother for so long. This picture is from 20 years ago of my grandma and I, but it's a favorite:



The picture below is her holding Lauren.


She passed away when I was pregnant with Dominic, she lived to be 101.  My other grandmother (my dad's mom) is in the picture below:


She is holding me on her lap.  The gentleman on the far right was her husband (my grandpa).  My grandmother was a very honest person and would tell it like it is (kind of like me).  My grandfather was able to attend my wedding to my hubby in 1995, but he passed a few years after that.  I love this picture of all four of my grandparents together.


I think it's cool because they are all dressed up. Guessing from the long coats my grandmothers are wearing, I'm guessing it was the fall or winter.  This is the only picture I can remember seeing where they were all together posing for the camera.  My stepson and Lauren were fortunate enough to have met my mom's mother and my dad's father.  Not a lot of kids can say they knew two of their great-grandparents.  If your children are lucky enough to still have their grandparents (or great-grandparents) they are making great memories to be able to carry with them throughout their lives.  I know I have wonderful ones of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presume Competence

Since we have traveled outside of the United States since Dominic was very small, we have had to get him a Children's Passport every fiv...