Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Two Years and Counting

In a little less than two weeks from now it will be the two year anniversary of writing this blog. When I first started in July of 2011, I needed a way to get my feelings out. I remember going back and forth the few months prior to when I wrote my first post about whether I should even write a blog. Growing up, my sister was the writer in the family, not me! What did I know about a blog? what if nobody read it? what if I ran out of things to write about? What if nobody liked what I wrote?  I decided that I was going to go for it and I jumped into the blogging "pool."  In my early posts, I wrote a lot about my mother-in-law.  She passed away in January of 2011 and when I first started my blog, my emotions were still very raw.  I have written many posts about Dominic, because I know there are numerous families out there that have children with special needs and I hope that my blog posts help make you feel like you are not alone.  The only time I had ever heard of Autism before Dominic was diagnosed was when I had watched the movie, Rainman with Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman.  In my mind,  I thought all children and adults with Autism were severe and only lived in institutions.  Yep, that's how little I knew about it.  For others out there who don't have children with special needs, I hope my posts give you some insight as to what it's really like :)  One of the hardest things I have ever experienced was going to my cousin's funeral in March of 2011.  She passed away unexpectedly at the age of 49 (the same age I am now).  I pray for her every week at church and she is never far from my thoughts.  I hope that the posts I have written about her have brought those she left behind some comfort.  I like to write about the things that a lot of us think about, but might not always put down on a piece of paper, like one of my latest posts about dressing rooms :)  I hope that you enjoy my different posts, I try and write from the heart and I hope I haven't ever offended anyone!  I guess I didn't need to worry about running out of things to write about - I currently have 50 drafts in my blog "hopper."  Thank goodness for Lauren, she is the one who helped me originally get my blog up and running and she continues to be my computer "expert."  I'm glad I have such an understanding hubby, daughter, stepson and son who let me share the details of our life.  It's hard to believe I have been writing my blog for almost two years.  I plan on continuing for many years to come!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presume Competence

Since we have traveled outside of the United States since Dominic was very small, we have had to get him a Children's Passport every fiv...