Friday, June 8, 2012

A "Cluttered" Mind

Have you ever had so much mind "clutter," that you did something absentmindedly? Well, a few weeks ago, I accidentally took one of Dominic's Ritalin tablets!!  I keep 3 out of the 4 medicines that I take for my heart "issues" on our kitchen counter as well as his bottle of Ritalin.  I guess I was thinking about the new medicine the cardiologist just put me on and was also thinking it was time to give Dominic his third Ritalin dose of the day.  After I realized what I had done, I hyperventilated a little kind of wondering what the reaction would be.  He is on a small dose (5 mg), thank goodness, so I kind of sat back and waited to see what might happen.  Luckily, there was no bad reaction, it actually kept me more focused for the next couple of hours than I had been all day. I sometimes wonder if I have ADHD :)  I think when you're a mom/parent, your mind is always one step ahead thinking about what you have to do next.  I'll never forget one time I was in a store and I was so much in my own thoughts, I almost rammed my cart into another lady.  I said, "oh, I'm so sorry, I was in my own little world."  She kind of laughed at me and said, "well, I hope you're very happy there!"  I laughed and said back, "well, yes I am!"  I had a good chuckle about that for the rest of the day :)  Today, I locked myself out of my house.  I beginning to really think my mind needs a good "decluttering!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presume Competence

Since we have traveled outside of the United States since Dominic was very small, we have had to get him a Children's Passport every fiv...