Monday, April 15, 2013

Suggestion Box

Since I am the Chief "Officer" in charge of making our household run smoothly, I was thinking about installing a "suggestion box" for my family. Late last week, my hubby was telling me there were a couple of lights burnt out in the house. I told him the maintenance staff hadn't had a chance to replace them yet, but would get around to it soon.  On Saturday, I decided since Dominic had no clean pants it was time to do the laundry.  My husband said, "well, it is kind of getting high!!"  That was a comment for the laundry staff to handle.  On Sunday afternoon, as I was getting Dominic ready to go to his class at church, the hubby was asking, "hey, why don't you buy ice cream bars and sandwiches any more?"  That would be a good question for the kitchen staff.  At about that same time, Lauren was asking me where I put some Skittles I just bought.  The both of them had impeccable timing, I literally was hustling Dominic out the door so we wouldn't be late.  If I had the suggestion box, they could put those questions in the box and I could pull them out after I got back from dropping Dominic off.  A suggestion box would also be great if a certain family member didn't like what I made for dinner.  Their comment could be put in the box anonymously.  Just this morning, I was asking the kids if they had any "requests" since I was going to the grocery store.  Dominic said he wanted doughnuts and Lauren wanted candy.  See, that's why I need a suggestion box!! If it works for a business, why wouldn't it work for a household?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presume Competence

Since we have traveled outside of the United States since Dominic was very small, we have had to get him a Children's Passport every fiv...