Monday, March 3, 2014

It's All in the Presentation

My hubby has a very busy and demanding job, but he does have the option of working at home one or two days a week. Monday has been his "work at home" day for at least a decade.  With the sun actually shining today, I guess I was thinking of the summertime and how great it would be to be able to have a big bowl of fresh fruit. Since winter shows no sign of slowing down (the temperature was below zero this morning and we got another 4-5 inches of snow over the weekend), I did the next best thing and used some frozen strawberries and blueberries I had in the freezer and made a smoothie!  Since I've never made a smoothie before I told my husband he was my "guinea pig" tester today.  I put it in a glass and when I handed it to him to "sample" he said, "oh, you put it in a "fancy" glass!!!"  It's all in the presentation, my friends!!  Guess it beats the old Garfield glass I was going to put it in :)


Ingredients

1 cup cranberry/raspberry juice
1 cup strawberries, frozen
1 cup blueberries, frozen
2 6-ounce containers blueberry yogurt

Put all ingredients into a blender in the order given and blend together until all the fruit is well incorporated and reaches the desired thickness you like. Makes four cups.  Store any leftovers in the fridge.

1 comment:

  1. I think presentation is the second most important factor in serving food, the first being taste.

    ReplyDelete

Presume Competence

Since we have traveled outside of the United States since Dominic was very small, we have had to get him a Children's Passport every fiv...