Skip to main content

It's All in the Presentation

My hubby has a very busy and demanding job, but he does have the option of working at home one or two days a week. Monday has been his "work at home" day for at least a decade.  With the sun actually shining today, I guess I was thinking of the summertime and how great it would be to be able to have a big bowl of fresh fruit. Since winter shows no sign of slowing down (the temperature was below zero this morning and we got another 4-5 inches of snow over the weekend), I did the next best thing and used some frozen strawberries and blueberries I had in the freezer and made a smoothie!  Since I've never made a smoothie before I told my husband he was my "guinea pig" tester today.  I put it in a glass and when I handed it to him to "sample" he said, "oh, you put it in a "fancy" glass!!!"  It's all in the presentation, my friends!!  Guess it beats the old Garfield glass I was going to put it in :)


Ingredients

1 cup cranberry/raspberry juice
1 cup strawberries, frozen
1 cup blueberries, frozen
2 6-ounce containers blueberry yogurt

Put all ingredients into a blender in the order given and blend together until all the fruit is well incorporated and reaches the desired thickness you like. Makes four cups.  Store any leftovers in the fridge.

Comments

  1. I think presentation is the second most important factor in serving food, the first being taste.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Book Every Autism Mom Should Read

When Dominic was diagnosed with Autism at 2 1/2, I went to our local library and took out every book I could find about Autism. Sometimes I would bring back 20 books. This was 2006, so a lot of the information was very "dated." I guess I was looking for a book that would tell me what I should do next, like a "manual." Autism doesn't quite work that way! The saying is, " if you know one person with Autism, you know one person with Autism." Every mom to an individual with Autism follows their own "path." I think as moms, we judge ourselves much harder than anyone else does. I was 41 when I had Dominic. Did he get the diagnosis of Autism because I was an older mom? because I drank a lot of pop? I could sit and think about that every minute of every day. I am pretty integrated into the Autism community around Lansing and have told more than one person that it took me about two weeks to come to terms with Dominic's diagnosis. It is so incredib...

Need to Call Bella's Mom

Dominic at least a few times a week will tell me, "need to call Bella's mom!" Who is Bella you may ask? Here is the answer to that question: I first met Bella shortly after Dominic's first grand mal seizure. She and her mom approached me at the Meijer grocery store back in June of last year as I was grabbing a milk jug out of the dairy case. Dominic and Bella go to the same middle school.  I have never forgotten what Bella's mom told me that day, "I would love to get our children together and be in Dominic's life however much you will let us." Bella's mom has the most generous heart and has passed on those values to her three children.  Bella and Dominic made sugar cookies last summer: When Dominic had a choir concert at school and neither Lauren or my husband could attend, Bella and her mom surprised us after the concert! The number one thing I admire about Bella is how incredibly compassionate she is. There is a respect a...

Mainstreaming and Inclusion

The hubby and I were discussing the other day how special education students were treated back when he and I were in school.  He remarked to me that in his time, they were "hidden away" from the rest of the students.  When I was in elementary school, I can remember seeing the kids in those classrooms pass by us in the hallway.  I don't ever recall seeing them in the lunchroom or playground.  I'm so glad that times have changed.  Even though Dominic is in a "self-contained" special education classroom, he does get to go to the art, gym and music classrooms.  He also gets to eat lunch in the school cafeteria.  He loves hot lunch on Thursday - pizza!! Given Dominic's abilities, he is able to be "mainstreamed" into the general education classroom for small amounts of time.  Every moment he is able to do that gives me so much hope for his future.  I absolutely love what Dominic's current teacher is doing.  He has started a peer-to-peer progra...