Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ironing


I did something this week that I haven't done in a long time. I did some ironing! Back when I first started working and before I met my hubby, I used to iron my work clothes frequently.  Many a early morning was spent sitting on the floor ironing my clothes before I went to work.  When I married my husband, I told him I would do just about any household chore but ironing. He knew that if he needed a shirt ironed, he could do it himself or take it to the dry cleaners.  He started buying shirts that didn't require ironing :)  My daughter wears a uniform to school and I noticed that her two oxford shirts were really wrinkled and badly in need of ironing.  It took me a minute or two to locate my iron.  When I pulled it out of the box, it had black gunk of an undetermined nature on the plate.  Thankfully, the owner's manual was still in the box and after some troubleshooting, I got it clean with just soap and water.  I plugged it in and surprisingly it still worked.  The next thing I needed to do was to pull out the ironing board.  I am not kidding when I say there was at least one inch of dust on it.  I ironed one of her shirts and it definitely looked better without all the wrinkles.  While ironing the other shirt for about 15 minutes, I noticed no more wrinkles were coming out, in fact it looked exactly the same.  It was then I realized the iron had come unplugged from the wall!  After plugging it back in and ironing it for another 15 minutes the wrinkles finally all came out.  Ironing is kind of like riding a bike, it's something you never forget!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Presume Competence

Since we have traveled outside of the United States since Dominic was very small, we have had to get him a Children's Passport every fiv...