Monday, April 2, 2012

Time

I stopped wearing a watch a few years ago.  It seemed to either get scratched, lost or the battery would give out and it cost more to replace the battery than the watch was worth.  Each day always has 24 hours in it, but some days seem to drag, while others zip by.  That never ceases to amaze me.   If you ask any parent out there, no matter how many kids you have, you always wish you had more time to get everything done in those 24 hours.  I think back sometimes to one of my first jobs.  I basically had nothing to do and I literally would sit and watch the clock.  Those clock hands definitely don't move any faster if you're watching them!!!  Don't you sometimes wish you could stop the time? Especially when your kids take their first steps or say their first words? Time marches on whether you want it to or not.  One minute you're changing your kid's diapers, the next thing you know they are heading towards college!!  I have gotten used to not wearing a watch now and don't see myself going back to using one anytime soon.  The hubby grew up in a household where his dad would leave when it was time to be somewhere.  I, on the other hand, had a father that liked to be on time or early.  My husband and I have had many a clash over being "punctual."  I've eased up on him a little over the 21 years that we have been together, but it still kind of bugs me when we are late!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presume Competence

Since we have traveled outside of the United States since Dominic was very small, we have had to get him a Children's Passport every fiv...