Thursday, January 2, 2014

Body "Maintenance"

As I was sitting and waiting a few weeks ago to get some routine blood work done, it was really hard to not overhear a conversation going on about ten feet from where I was sitting.  One of the scheduling clerks was talking to a lady who was probably at least my age about her mammogram.  They talked for quite a while about insurance issues.  When it came time for the scheduling clerk to ask the lady when her previous mammogram was, she said something along the lines of, "I've never had one, I've been too afraid to ever get one." Unfortunately, that's not the first time I have ever heard someone say that.  I have an exam that a lot of people feel embarrassed to get or even talk about, scheduled for the middle of January. It starts with a "c" and ends with a "y."  How many of you ladies out there get routine physicals and see your dentist at least once a year? Do you put it off? Our bodies are like a car that needs to be "maintained."  If you don't take good care of yourself, things will begin to not work as well. I used to have tons of headaches before I got diagnosed a few months ago with glaucoma.  Since I got put on eye drops, I rarely have a headache.  We are all busy taking care of spouses, significant others, and our kids, that sometimes taking care of our routine body "maintenance" takes a "backseat."  For 2014, how about taking a few extra minutes to make sure you have your routine appointments scheduled? You want to make sure that you keep your body running like a well-oiled "machine!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presume Competence

Since we have traveled outside of the United States since Dominic was very small, we have had to get him a Children's Passport every fiv...