Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Soda Pop "Detox"

I have been drinking soda pop on and off since I was 12, so that makes over 38 years of drinking some form of pop!  My mom used to drink Tab out of the glass bottles and I would have it too.  That evolved over the years into drinking all kinds of other soda - Diet Dr. Pepper, Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi, etc. It was always diet, sometimes caffeine free, sometimes not.  As I have watched the price of pop get higher (even the "house" brand) was getting kind of expensive, the last couple of times I have done my weekly grocery shopping, I haven't bought any pop in cans.  What I figured out is, that if I didn't buy it at the store, then it's not in the house and I won't drink it! I had begun to drink two cans of pop a day (sometimes three)!  Since I have never really drank regular soda pop with caffeine, I think I was more addicted to the habit and the taste.  I feel like I have more energy since I "detoxed" the pop out of my diet.  I asked the hubby if he noticed that I wasn't drinking so much pop any more.  In the past, he would notice the pile of empty cans in the garage and usually make the comment, "you're hitting that pop pretty hard!" He has used that line for YEARS. Well, this time he said, "I noticed there weren't too many cans in the recycling!" Yes, my husband is quite the comedian, isn't he?!?!?! I have been trying to drink more water and I have to say, I feel more clear headed.  I'm not keeping track of how many glasses of water I'm drinking, but I definitely know it's more than when I was drinking so much pop. I don't even know why after so many years, I decided 2014 would be the year I eliminated/cut back on the diet pop. It wasn't even a New Year's resolution! If I feel like I want to have a diet pop, I'm not going to deprive myself.  I had one glass on Sunday and that was it for the day.  It tasted okay, but I realized I hadn't really missed it too much either. Well, I would love to write more, but I have to go. It's time to get a nice, cold glass of water to drink :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presume Competence

Since we have traveled outside of the United States since Dominic was very small, we have had to get him a Children's Passport every fiv...