Tuesday, January 7, 2014

"Finding" Time for Ourselves

A few months ago, Lauren said, "hey, mom, did you know you have a rip in your jeans?"  She was standing behind me and saw a one inch rip near my back pocket.  I had no clue that it was ripped, but I did know I had worn those jeans ALL DAY! Yikes.  How long do you wait to buy something as basic as a pair of new socks for yourself? Do you wait like I do until you have big holes???  For most of 2013, I knew that I wanted to get my hair cut because it had gotten pretty long.  Every time I thought about it seriously, I would get side tracked and something always seemed to come up.  While some ladies can pull off having long hair at age 50, I had come to the conclusion that I wasn't one of them! I decided at the beginning of December that I was just going to go for it and have eleven inches taken off. What did I need with almost an extra foot of hair??????  I was beginning to look like Rapunzel :)


I wanted to be able to donate my hair to charity in honor of the people that I know that have battled cancer and won and to the memory of those who have battled cancer and lost. Unfortunately, I have known more people that have fit into the latter category. Doesn't there always seem to be something or someone that needs our attention? Do you sometimes end up at the bottom of the list? There is always laundry to do and meals to be made. With my whole family here for going on almost three weeks, I feel like I've been running a 24-hour restaurant and laundromat :)  Good thing I love and adore my family!!!  How about you? Are you able to "find" time in your day for yourself or has it become "lost?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presume Competence

Since we have traveled outside of the United States since Dominic was very small, we have had to get him a Children's Passport every fiv...