Thursday, August 2, 2012

Julia Child - A Remarkable Chef

Who remembers Julia Child?  I used to watch her on PBS (Public Television) and be amazed by some of the food she could make.  She would accidentally drop food on the floor and say something like, "I'll just pick it up later!!"  That would just crack me up :)  She was a trained chef, but had a wonderful sense of humor!  This month she would have turned 100 (she passed away in 2004).  I have loved to bake and cook from a young age and I think that's why I used to like watching her cooking shows when I was little.  She showed you didn't have to be a perfectionist and serious in the kitchen, but could still be a fantastic cook.  I read recently in the paper that her longtime publisher of her cookbooks, Alfred A. Knopf, is putting all kinds of social media information on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr.  The social media keyword is JC100, it stands for Julia Child's 100th :) I wonder what she would think of all the cooking shows on the Food Network (my favorite station).  She seemed like the kind of chef that you could kick back with and have a cup of coffee and a croissant.  Who has influenced or inspired you to want to cook? I know Julia Child was a big influence for me! Bon Appetit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Presume Competence

Since we have traveled outside of the United States since Dominic was very small, we have had to get him a Children's Passport every fiv...